Friday 19 June 2015

Thinking of the dads

This Sunday is Fathers Day.....just the time to be thinking about making cards for men.....something I don't do that often......but I had some 'bits and pieces' that had come with a magazine......not quite the type of 'bits' that I normally use.....but it seemed like a good time to try and put them to use!!
There was also enough of them to make quite a few cards......about 4 sets in all.....all sports related.
The first set are based on motor racing.....my OH is a great motor and bike racing fan......more or less the only sports he watches.....either live or on TV.....so I think my girls may be grabbing these.
I quite like the way that they've turned out.
The second set are for golfers.....I know a few of those.....so hopefully the cards can all be put to good use....they certainly aren't the type of card that I usually make.....but they were quick and simple.....and I think that they've turned out okay.
Waste not....want not!!!
Thought I might enter some challenges for a change.
Crafty Cardmakers, Come and Get It and Creative Inspirations want 'for a man'
Dream Valley Challenges, 4CraftyChicks and Cardz4Guys want 'Fathers Day'

12 comments:

Sian said...

Of course I'm going to vote for the motor racing variety! Excellent

pinky said...

They are brilliant and I am sure they will go down a treat in a lot of households. Wish I could use my freebies like that Jacky.

alexa said...

Wow, that red checkerboard really shows off the top layers - I am sure these would all be much appreciated. If they're not snapped up by your girls first!

Karen said...

Although the red set is my favorite (especially the one with the race car), the golfing cars would be a bigger hit here.

Cazro said...

Brilliant freebies, lucky you. I like all of the cards, only one will be considered in our challenge. So pleased you joined us for our challenge at Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz

Melissa said...

These turned out great - and how FUN that you could do something a little different & enter some challenges, too!

Kimbo said...

Two great sets, love them all

Thanks for playing along at Cardz 4 Guyz this week and hope to see you again soon x

Lynne in NI said...

What a great set of Dad cards!

Joan said...

Fab set of cards, great use of your freebies

Thanks for joining us at cardz4guys this week

Joan

NGCARDS said...

Such a great set of cards!I agree the golf images look great for quick cards and golf fans! Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations! xxx

julie_woolston said...

Thank you for sharing your fabulous collection of cards for our challenge at Crafty Cardmakers and More.
Hugs Julie xxx

Kim x said...

Fabulous cards Jacky.
Thanks for entering our Men and Boys challenge at CCM&More.
Hugs Kimx